Situated 25 km from Grenoble on the Plateau des Petites Roches, Saint Hilaire du Touvet at the ideal altitude of 1000 m. Located on the Southeast balcony of the mountain range, in the heart of the Regional Park of the Chartreuse, the site has become the epicentre of leisurely sports for Nature lovers of all types.
The site of St Hilaire du Touvet - Lumbin boasts precious advantages that have made of this place one of the outstanding references for free flying in the world:
- Altitude of the take-off : 1000 m
- Altitude of the landing zone : 250 m
- 4 take-off areas (hang gliding and paragliding) perfectly maintained
- A spacious landing zone, well cleared, easily accessible
- The funicular of St Hilaire du Touvet links the take-off and landing areas
- An active association and dynamic group of professionals are highly and loyally invested in the vibrant life of this site .
A long, confirmed experience in hosting and organizing free flying events
Ever since the first hang glider flight that took place on the slopes of the Dent de Crolles in 1974, the site has been continuously invested in extraordinary events : World Hang Gliding Championship, the European Tandem Championship, the Icare Challenge (Climbing, caving and paragliding Triathlon), the European Paragliding Championship, the « Medical Days of Free Flight », the Cross Fly Mont Blanc, the Tour St Hil’Air… and it continues to hold regular free flying events, contests and competitions.
The Communauté de Communes du Grésivaudan oversees the management and maintenance of the flying site that is FFVL certified.
During the few day of the Coupe Icare, the village of St Hilaire is transformed into a gigantic behive of activity animated by over 1000 volunteers essentially from the 3 villages of the Plateau des PetitesRoches , Lumbin and the valley, if not much further (the Region of Paris, the Southwest of France, etc.)
A THOUSAND THANKS TO ALL OF THEM !